On it was a really lovely grey and white rug. I want a minimalist boho look in my room, and although we're not near achieving that just yet, I wanted to update you on a new rug I've chosen for the room keeping this theme in mind.
I don't think I could have made a better choice though. I'm absolutely delighted with it. Darlings of Chelsea have some really fabulous patterned rugs that aren't too bold - exactly what I love in rugs. I wanted something fitting with our grey and white colour scheme, that added texture to the room visually without it being too in your face.
It was a pretty hard choice from the Darlings of Chelsea offering. They are renowned for their fantastic quality sofas but their rugs are every bit as gorgeous. Take a look at the rugs I initially shortlisted:
For various reasons (like the fair isle grey feeling too Christmassy, the Cleo Cement too large a print for the room and the Annabelle grey a close contender but didn't make the cut) I opted for the Diamond Platinum in 183 x 274cm. I probably could have gone the size bigger but I always go against the "rules of rug sizes" in interior styling, preferring to show off wooden floors with smaller sizes.
I've got to say, that if like me you've had wooden flooring in your bedroom and always lusted after carpet for ultimate cosiness, the next best thing is putting down a good quality rug. It's made the room feel warmer, cosier and even sound nicer where there might previously have been an echo.
The makeover is no way near finished (will it ever be?) but it's feeling like a much nicer room to be in than when we first moved in.
Next on the agenda:
- A new lamp for our bedside table (our previous one smashed so this is a temporary replacement)
- A matching dresser to the bedside table (or I might paint the one we have so it's less cream and more white)
- A new blind (coming very soon, woop woop)
- Putting up a curtain pole for some voile curtains to hang
- Nicer bits and pieces to style my dresser and bedside table, I'm thinking copper themed to match our new bedroom light fixture
- Tidying up those unsightly wires with some skirting board hooks
What do you think? Which Darlings of Chelsea rug would you have picked?\
I'm Fifi Mcgee
I'm a cushion addict, passionate about designing my house to be a place that improves my life